The sign out front at your business says a lot more about your company besides just indicating where your storefront is located. So, it’s essential that you keep your sign updated and replace it when needed. These are a few signs that it’s time to visit sign makers to create a new outdoor sign:
- Damage: Outdoor signs are designed to withstand whatever Mother Nature throws their way, but they can only take so many years of abuse before they start to look worn down. If your sign is damaged or looks shoddy in any way, now’s the time to replace it.
- Exterior redesign: If you’ve recently repainted your building or changed its look in any way, it’s likely a good idea to replace your sign as well. You want a cohesive look when potential customers drive past your storefront—keep everything looking uniform and professional with a new sign.
- Interior renovation: The same point as above holds true for interior remodeling. Don’t stop with the inside if you’re doing a renovation—upgrade the outdoor signs for your business to attract new customers and ensure consistency across the board.
- Dated signage: Like fashion, trends in signage come and go. If your sign was hip a decade ago, it might not be too trendy in 2022. Take a look at other companies’ signage to see if yours is in line with the times.
- Check the competition: If other competing businesses in your area have upgraded their signage, it’s a good idea for you to follow suit. The last thing you want is to lose out on a customer solely because their sign looks better than yours.
How do new signs impact your business?
Buying and installing brand-new outdoor signs for your business isn’t always cheap, but it’s an investment that you need to make if you want your company to succeed. Here are a few reasons to replace your sign right away:
- Coordinate with your brand: We mentioned cohesiveness earlier because it’s so important! Customers need to see your sign and know immediately who you are and what your company does. If you’ve recently rebranded and your sign is now outdated, you have a problem on your hands.
- Establish your reputation: A sign that’s seen better days reflects poorly on your business and can make people think twice about doing business with you. On the other hand, new signage helps tell the world that your business is trustworthy.
- Illustrate your relevance: Customers that see a damaged sign or a style that was popular 20 years ago might think your business can’t keep up with what’s current and fresh. Stay relevant in the minds of customers with a new sign.
Talk to us about updating your sign today
If you’re ready to elevate your business with a new sign, it’s time to talk to our sign makers at Copycat Printing. Our in-house design team will work with you to create a sign that captures your business’s essence and displays it to the world.
Categorised in: Commercial Signage