Looking for tips for creating your wedding invitations? Whether you’re going for a classic or modern look, there are some design considerations to keep in mind that will ensure your invitations match your style and make an impact on everyone on your guest list. Designing and ordering online is the easiest way to get the perfect invitations for your special day. Here are some important design tips, as well as the reasons why you should order your wedding invites online.
Wedding invitation design tips
Wedding invitations are important—they set the tone for your special day in terms of the overall theme and aesthetics. Here are some tips to help you create the perfect invitations:
- Define your style: Determine the theme you’re following for your wedding. Whether you’re going for a classic and elegant look or something more casual, relaxed or even funky, choose a theme so you can make sure the invitations strike the same note.
- Choose a color palette: You’ll likely choose a color scheme to guide your decoration style at your wedding. Carry your color scheme throughout all the design choices you make for the wedding—including your invitations—and don’t be afraid to go bold.
- Experiment with shapes and sizes: While a 4.5” by 6.25” rectangular card is standard when it comes to wedding invitations, don’t be afraid to do something a bit different and unique. Modern invitations can feature interesting shapes like ovals and squares, and some are even embellished with scallops and scrolls. Keep in mind that choosing sizes and shapes that are non-standard can increase postage, since extra-large mailings cost more to send.
Reasons why you should order your wedding invites online
Rather than making an appointment with a printing service or wedding planner to plan the design of your wedding invitations, it’s easiest to do it all yourself online. Here’s why:
- Comfortable browsing: Browsing invitation styles and researching prices from the comfort of home is much better than making an appointment and dealing with a potentially pushy salesperson. Online shopping is stress-free shopping.
- Design advice: If you need any design help or advice, online platforms feature experts ready to answer any and all questions. Whether you’re searching for the right words to use, the right font or even the right colors, customer support is always there to answer your questions and help you make the right decisions.
- Samples: While designing your invitations online can give you a good idea of how your invitations will look and feel, there’s nothing quite like seeing them for yourself and holding them in your hand. Many online platforms send free samples, allowing you to create several designs and see how they look for yourself. It’s a great way to ensure you’re getting exactly what you want, helping you feel confident when it’s time to place your order.
Looking for more tips for creating your wedding invitations? Talk to Copycat Printing today! We have decades of experience designing and printing custom wedding invitations that stylishly announce your special day. From start to finish, we’ll make sure the finished results match your style, theme and message—and best of all, we offer online as well as in-person ordering options!
Categorised in: Custom Invitations