When you own a business, the first step to getting people in the door is to let them know you exist. Outdoor signage is the easiest way to make that happen. Outdoor signs are a key part of any business’s marketing strategy—since they can be customized to fit your branding and marketing needs, they’re effective on several different levels.
Here’s why you need to contact a printing service to create great outdoor signs for your business:
- Help your customers find you: No one will come to your building if they don’t know where to go. Outdoor signs—especially large ones—help catch the eye of passersby and direct traffic to your store. Failing to put up a sign means you could be losing out on valuable customers. When you design your outdoor signage, remember that bigger is almost always better. Design something that can easily be seen from the road—this will make it safer and easier for your customers to navigate.
- Create a persona for your business: Your signs can tell customers a lot about you—in fact, you can introduce them to your business’s “persona” before they ever walk in the door. For example, businesses that focus on children tend to use bright primary colors and playful “handwritten” fonts. This instantly tells the customer that your services are geared toward kids. Similarly, “serious” businesses like law offices and medical practices tend to choose conservative, formal lettering and logos. Whatever persona your business has, you can create a sign to match.
- Reflect your brand: In addition to your business persona, a good sign will reflect your brand. That applies to the design as well as the quality of the signs themselves—customers are more likely to trust businesses with clean, well-maintained signs. Even if they don’t consciously notice the state of the signs, it adds to their overall impression. If you want to send the message that you take your business seriously, and care about details, make sure you get clean and effective outdoor signs.
- Cost-effective marketing and advertising: Signs aren’t just for showing off your business name and details. They’re also one of the most cost-effective marketing and advertising methods you can use. For example, you might install a permanent sign over your place of business, but you can also use smaller banners and signs to announce special events and sales. It will help bring in new foot traffic and get your existing customers excited about your latest offerings.
- Telegraph your business details: Finally, outdoor signage is a great way to let people know when your business is open, what you do and how to contact you if necessary. They continue to work on your behalf, even when you’re closed. A thoughtful, well-crafted sign with pertinent details will ensure you don’t miss out on attracting valuable customers.
If you need outdoor signage for your business, Copycat Printing is here to help. Call us today to get a quote on outdoor signs, banners, floor details, printing services and more.
Categorised in: Commercial Signage