Tips for Designing and Printing Business Cards
Business cards are a vital part of networking—if you’ve ever scrambled to write down your contact information after meeting a potential collaborator or client, you know how important it is to have a well-designed, memorable business card. They’re an easy, professional way to make sure that your desired contacts can find you, and will save you the agony of a missed connection.
If you’ve been thinking about business card printing in Kearney, NE, here’s what you need to know to design and print memorable business cards.
Why you need custom business cards
- Make connections: Business cards are, first and foremost, a way to make professional connections, whether with vendors, suppliers or potential customers. If you have a business, you need to be able to produce a card on a moment’s notice—otherwise you could miss out on favorable connections.
- Establish your brand: In addition to making your information easy to access and remember, business cards are a great way to establish your brand. The type of cardstock, printing and small details like rounded corners say a lot about what you value and who you are as a brand.
- Eliminate the need for pen, pencil or devices: Finally, business cards make pens, pencils and exchanging numbers on devices unnecessary. In a pinch, these approaches can work, but when you want to look professional, handing someone a custom business card is much more impressive and efficient.
How to design and print a great business card
- Keep it simple: Your business card needs to do two things: be true to your brand, and communicate necessary information. When you’re designing a card, think “less is more.” Include the most vital information, like business name, employee name and contact information, as well as a great logo. That’s all you need to keep your business’s name at the forefront of your contact’s mind.
- Get a proof: What good is a great design if you get a thousand unusable cards? Always get a proof made before you commit to printing your cards. It will show you how well the design works with the other elements you’ve chosen—it’s better to find out right away if your cards are illegible.
- Take advantage of custom options: Your printer will probably have plenty of custom options for your cards—take advantage of them to really stand out. For example, rounded corners or die-cut cards are unique thanks to their shape alone, and depending on the design, they can make a visual and sensory impact. Finishes also enhance your design, whether you want something heavy and matte or bright and high-gloss.
Professional business card printing in Kearney, NE
When you’re ready to get your custom business cards, come to Copycat Printing. Our team can help you design the perfect card, work from an existing logo or artwork or print your own design to your exact specifications. No job is too big or too small—call us today to learn more about our business card services and get started on your order.
Categorised in: Printing Services