The Importance of Yard Signs During an Election Year
Between 1984 and 2012, the use of campaign signs in homeowners’ yards quadrupled. In a world where we’re globally connected all of the time, you can’t disregard the comfort and security of grass roots campaigning—and that starts with yard signs.
Yard sign design and printing is a time-honored tradition in Kearney, NE, for a variety of reasons. From quietly letting your neighbors know what you think to helping a candidate win an extra 2% of the votes, placing yard signs can help a campaign significantly.
Benefits of campaign yard signs
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from designing and printing your own yard signs:
- Name recognition: Repetition is key to learning, and that includes elections. This is especially important when you are running a smaller campaign, such as for school boards or city mayor. With federal and state elections taking precedence, you need to get the word out as much as possible. When people go to the polls, they will remember seeing your name over and over, implying a sense of trust from your constituency.
- The camaraderie of working together:
Whenever we state an opinion, we risk either being rejected or finding new friends. Asking your neighbors and constituents to put up yard signs for your campaign can not only get the word out on a grass-roots level, but can help you and your supporters create a new community full of like-minded people.
- A 2% edge: Studies have shown that utilizing yard signs can offer you a 2% increase in votes. Entire presidencies have been decided on less—can you afford not to print yard signs?
Tips for designing and placing yard signs
When you’re getting ready to launch a yard sign campaign, here are some tips to consider:
- Plan in advance: If you don’t go with a local printer, you’ll need to account for printing and shipping time.
- Simplicity is key: Be sure your signs are bold, use as few words and colors as possible and put the most important information first (name and position). They need to be easily digestible from the side of the road.
- Order once: When you’re deciding on your sign strategy, aim to order only once—but not so many signs that you’re left with bundles that you can’t get rid of. Don’t be tempted to go for a bulk discount to the detriment of your campaign (and the environment).
- Respect the law: Political campaigns can be highly emotional, but don’t let that tempt you into placing signs illegally or doing things with your opponents’ signs. Always err on the side of caution—your voters will appreciate it.
Yard sign printing in Kearney, NE
When you need a professional yard sign made in Kearney, NE, as well as printing services, visit Copycat Printing. From individuals and families to commercial enterprises, we can handle any type of print job you send our way. Reach out to us today to see how we can assist with your campaign signage.
Categorised in: Marketing Materials, Printing Services